Align offers and resources with customer needs
This telecommunications organization sought to harness geographic insights to intelligently deploy resources for customer service and new product rollouts, finding answers in Pitney Bowes Software business solutions.
ChallengeTo continue to lead in the telecommunications industry, they needed to implement a unified, effective and efficient system to manage the deployment of employees, supplies and other resources across telecommunications network sites.
As paper-based maps and diagrams proved inefficient, the company’s engineers needed a better system to respond to customer needs and to optimize productivity.
SolutionThe company chose to implement software from Pitney Bowes to visually display and analyze location-based data, allowing the company to make more informed decisions about customer service. MapInfo MapX and MapInfo Professional provided practical business solutions to meet the company's needs.
These solutions integrated easily with existing systems and offer quick access to the company’s engineers at all times. The location-based software solutions enable engineers to locate a property, view road networks and plant details, and then identify the location of underground ducts and individual cables within each site.
Additionally, the engineers can pinpoint the exact location of the customer in relation to the network, and can also search by a customer's address to plot the shortest route for site visits, resulting in time and labor savings.
- Streamlined operations and increase
- Promoted efficiency through location-based data, resulting in cost savings and improved customer service.
- Improved productivity of the company’s engineers
- Facilitated quicker identification of network outages, allowing for faster response times and a more timely resolution
- Improved emergency response management through precise targeting of the location of emergencies
- Identified target groups for sales and marketing campaigns
- Optimized the rollouts of new products and services by combining customer and location data, on a technical level, to identify the best markets to target.