pbSmart™ Codes Support
Pitney Bowes offers several support options to help you get the most out of pbSmart Codes, our QR code software tool. The following FAQs offer support for our QR code creator, providing answers to common question and helping you choose the best pbSmart Codes plan for your business. If you can’t find the answer in our FAQs please contact one of our communications specialists for additional QR codes marketing support.
- 877-822-0996Mon-Fri 8am-5pm ET
- Emailfor more information
Find the Answers You're Looking For
- What is pbSmart Codes?
It's the newest way - with QR codes-for businesses of all sizes to promote themselves. With pbSmart Codes, businesses can create QR codes, customize marketing materials (i.e., posters, flyers, business cards, hats, keychains and more), create a mobile web page and track results.
- What's included in the free Basic version of pbSmart Codes?
FREE use of pbSmart Codes monthly including:
- One active* QR code linked to a customizable Mobile
- Easy to customize mobile web pages
- Customizable marketing collateral templates
- Real-Time Tracking with QR code and mobile marketing campaigns
- Online support including Chat, Learning Center and FAQ's
- Coaching from our communication specialists
- What are QR codes and how do they work?
QR codes are "quick response" codes. They are two-dimensional URLs (web addresses), which are similar to the barcodes you see on items in stores that are scanned for pricing at checkout. The reason QR codes are more useful than a standard barcode for marketing purposes, is they can store (and digitally present) much more information, including web links, geo coordinates and text. Visually, QR codes look like square, digital patterns and can be added to print ads, direct mail, posters, and more. These patterns carry codes which can be scanned by people with Smartphones.
- How can QR codes benefit my business?
QR codes turn your physical marketing communications into an interactive customer experience that gets attention. They are more dynamic and enable your prospects and customers to instantly connect to and act on information about your business, a special discount, or invitation to an event you're planning.
- What is the difference between a QR code image and a QR Code Campaign?
A QR code image is a scannable image that you can link to either an email, a phone number, a website URL, a Vcard or social media (Twitter, Facebook) or download it an embed it in your own media. Downloading and creating a QR code does not include a mobile web page and you can not track your scans. The power of the QR code campaign is that it allows you the ability to create a QR code and a custom mobile web page and to track the results of your campaigns.
- What features are not available in the Basic version that are available in the Standard, Pro or Enterprise subscriptions?
The basic version of our QR code software allows you to try the product out for free and get used to integrating QR codes into your marketing campaigns. But to fully take advantage of our powerful software, we suggest the Standard, Pro or Enterprise subscriptions. The following features and functionality are only available in the Standard, Pro and Enterprise subscriptions:
- The ability to create more than one active campaign at a time
- The ability to brand the QR code with your company logo or an image of your choice
- The power to upload a multi-page document, like a brochure, datasheet or whitepaper for your customers to download and view
- The ability to Group campaigns together for tracking purposes
- QR Reference Code feature for tracking QR codes across multiple campaigns
- Mobosurvey functionality to send surveys to your customers instantly as well as see the survey results
- The ability to activate/deactivate QR mobile marketing campaigns
- What kinds of reports are available to me?
Reports track by date range each campaign and show you # of scans, mobile pageviews and # of emails entered on your Mobile Page. You also have the capability to download email addresses captured so you can follow-up on leads.
- What should be on a mobile page?
A mobile web page is a mini web page where you can share information, give your customers a special offer or capture emails for leads. The mobile web page is formatted to provide the best customer experience when viewing on a Smartphone. Used along with QR codes, it should give customers information on your business and special incentives. Consider including things that would motivate prospective customers to respond to your business, such as exclusive mobile offers like an invitation to a special sale, free gift with purchase, coupons, a digital tour, menus, events, or anything you wish to feature.
- Why should I use pbSmart Codes and not keep doing what I'm doing?
Just like social media and other recent updates in marketing technology, QR codes are a new way to reach, qualified customers. With pbSmart Codes, you can connect your customers directly to a mobile web page tailored with coupons, a survey and other exclusive offers, and event or product/service invitation. One scan makes it all accessible in an instant! Plus you'll be able to track the results. There isn't a better reason to try pbSmart Codes and connect with new customers.
- How can I make pbSmart Codes work for my business?
Take a look at your business needs. Use the QR code on your poster to direct prospective customers to your mobile web page with exclusive coupons or discounts. Or, if you feel potential customers don't know exactly what services you provide, include information about your business. Or, if you're planning a sale, promote it and have customers RSVP. You can also add the optional flyers to the mix to use as Point of Sale pieces, handouts at events, or cross-promotions with a complementary business. Or, if you put together an event, giveaways to your attendees may include keychains or t-shirts with an embedded QR code. You have lots of options.
- Can I link to Twitter or Facebook from my mobile page?
Yes, you can link to social media; however, QR codes work best as a "value add" for customers. We recommend you give customers a reason to go to your social media site (e.g., to obtain an exclusive offer).
- How long does it take to create a campaign?
It takes no more than ten minutes to create a QR code marketing campaign including generating the QR code, customizing the mobile web page and purchasing optional printed material or promotional items.
- What kinds of marketing materials are available to me?
pbSmart Codes offers a variety of easy to customize printed materials and promotional items. From business cards or stationary to mugs, t-shirts and even hats, you can put a QR code on almost anything. And everything is customizable from the copy or images to the colors. View all of the available printed media and promotional items on the pbSmart Codes Plans & Pricing page.
- What industries are covered in the printed materials and promotional items?
The printed materials cover a number of industries including Food/Restaurant, Events, Education, Political, Health, Beauty, Real Estate and Retail - all of which are fully customizable with your logo, images and with your own copy. And if you don't see a template that you like, you can use a Generic form and design it from scratch. View all of the available printed material and promotional items on pbSmart Codes Optional Printed Material and Promotional Items pricing list.
- How do I know the dimensions of the printed materials?
The printed materials comes in a range of sizes. View the full list of available printed materials and sizes on the pbSmart Codes Optional Printed Material and Promotional Items pricing list.
- How will I know if pbSmart Codes is working for me?
Besides word of mouth and customer feedback on your campaign-that is, customers walking into your business and redeeming your coupon or asking about a promotion, you'll be able to view reports in real-time via your pbSmart Codes account. You'll be able to see by campaign and date the # of scans, # of mobile page views and # emails captured and if you include a mobile survey, you'll be able to view the survey results.
- How much does it cost?
pbSmartTM Codes subscriptions are available at four different levels: Basic, Standard, Professional and Enterprise/Agency. The Basic subscription is free for 30 days. View our Plans & Pricing page to see how our subscription plans compare. If you choose the optional printed materials or promotional items, there is an additional cost to print and ship the finished product to you.
- Can I add my own logo and images to the QR Code?
Yes, pbSmart Codes software lets you fully customize your QR code by adding your company logo or an image of your choice. This feature is available for Subscription Plans "Standard" and above.
- Can I add my own logo and images to the mobile pages?
You can add either an image or logo to the mobile page.
- Can I add my own logo and images to the templates?
Yes, of course you can.
- Can I upload a document to the mobile web page?
Yes. You can upload a multi-page document to your webpage that customers can download and view at their leisure. Examples of documents include a brochure, datasheet or even a whitepaper. Document formats include PDF, Word, XLS, GIF, TIF, JPG. The maximum upload size is 5mb. This feature is available for Subscription Plans "Standard" and above.
- What is the difference between a QR Code & Mobile Campaign vs. a Generic QR code or QR code image?
When you create a QR code and mobile campaign, you link the QR code to a customized mobile web page designed within pbSmart Codes and then you can track the results as well. Your customized mobile web page can contain a coupon, a video, a link to your website, capture email addresses, link to a mobile survey and so much more. When you create a Generic QR code, you can link the QR code to a website, Vcard, phone number, Facebook, Twitter or email address.
- How does the mobile survey work?
We've partnered with mobosurvey.com, a leading mobile survey company, to enable you to link your mobile web page to the survey you create within http://www.mobosurvey.com/. We even provide you with the link back to mobosurvey.com to view the results from the survey.
- Why is using a mobile survey valuable?
Using a mobile survey can get you quick customer feedback and customers can easily view and access the survey from their smart phones, tablets, laptops, or desktops at anytime.
- How long does it take to set up a mobile survey with http://www.mobosurvey.com/?
It's easy and doesn't take a lot of time because with mobosurvey's powerful and intuitive survey editor you can create surveys quickly. You simply click or drag/drop a field to add questions to a survey. You can choose from multiple choice, rating scales, free text, and more.
- Do I need a http://www.mobosurvey.com/ account to use the mobile survey feature?
Yes, you need to register. There are several pricing options including a Free version.
- Is the Mobile Survey feature available with all pbSmart Codes subscription plans?
The Mobile Survey feature is available on all pbSmart Codes subscription plans with the exception of the Basic Version.
- If I have Purchase Power, can I use it to pay for my pbSmart Codes subscription plan?
Yes. You can pay for your pbSmart Codes subscription using Purchase Power. If you are already a Purchase Power user, in the billing section, the option to bill your plan through Purchase Power will appear. Click this icon and follow the instructions.