Companion™ Inserting System
The CompanionTM Inserting System works alongside our high volume production mail inserters to run out-sorts created from larger inserter jobs. It automates a manual process with an integrated solution that provides full, closed-loop reconciliation.
The Pitney Bowes CompanionTM Inserting System is a high integrity tabletop solution that leverages Pitney Bowes Direct Connect-the same control system that is used in your Pitney Bowes mailstream Productivity Series, APSTM Advanced Productivity Series, Mailstream Evolution™ and FPSTM Split Drive Inserting Systems.
Easy to use
This system has a consistent look and feel to similar applications run on our large, high speed inserters. It is a compact system with a small workcell and is ergonomically designed to keep the operator on one side of the inserter at all times. This keeps operator productivity focused and fast.
Increase accuracy - streamline processes
You can gain greater visibility and control over your mailing operations. With the integrated Pitney Bowes Direct Connect control system, the new CompanionTM system can process any of your reprints with OMR and other barcode symbology. Replace the manual work associated with tracking outsorted mail with an automated solution that delivers full, closed-loop reconciliation. Data from the CompanionTM inserter system can also be integrated with DFWorks® ADF Management software suite.
Now eliminate the need to run small reprints or jobs on your large, high speed inserters. This system runs both letter and flat mail-including up to four inserts-on a single tabletop platform at speeds up to 5,400 mailpieces per hour.
Informed Business Decisions
Complete integration of your daily mail production and reprint data can help you make more effective business decisions. Viewing individual system and operator performance lets you identify production bottlenecks and find new ways to improve operational workflow.
- Minimize risk when mailing high value, transactional documents by:
- Processing and reconciling then closing out completed job utilizing Direct Connect software
- Finishing reprints from outsorts created during large inserter jobs
- Improve overall productivity and efficiency by:
- Eliminating the need to keep open your high-volume inserter for reprints
- Eliminating the need to set up your high-volume inserter for small jobs
- Having available similar system information used on larger inserters such as DFWorks® and other tools
- Improve Labor efficiency and reduce errors by:
- Preserving a consistent look and feel
- Maintaining processes with quick and easy set up
- Consolidating reprints from multiple systems and jobs onto one solution
- High Capacity Sheet Feeder: Holds up to 1000 sheets of 20 lb. stock with the ability to accumulate up to 20 sheets either forward or reverse. OMR and barcode scanning supported.
- Document Inverter: Used for folded applications, this option helps re-orient folded pieces and supports running folded applications near full speed without requiring bottom flap envelopes.
- Exit Transport: Mounted in-line with the inserter, the Exit Transport extends the path of the letter envelope and provides the ability to stack unsealed flats envelopes below. It connects the inserter to other output devices
- Flats Sealer: This module attaches to the exit end of the system to allow for the sealing of flat envelopes up to 0.25 (6.5 mm) in thickness. While the Flats Sealer is designed specifically to seal flat envelopes, it also provides an exit path for sealed letter envelopes exiting the system.
- Zip marker (only available with Flats Sealer): The zip marker will apply a mark at least 0.5" (12.5mm) in length along the edge of the envelope facing the operator to indicate tray breaks, ZIP breaks, every 50th envelope and high value checks.
- Vertical Power Stacker: Used only for letters processing, the Vertical Power Stacker should only be configured on a system when absolutely necessary for reduced footprint. Capacity: 250 pieces, letter mail.
- Horizontal Belt Stacker: This option can be used to stack letters in a right- angled or in-Line configuration. This option comes with height adjustable legs. Capacity: At least one USPS mail tray (2ft. of finished mail).
- Tandem Horizontal Belt Stackers: Required when processing letters and flats. The stackers are mounted in tandem and need to be installed in line to support flats processing. This option comes with height adjustable legs. Capacity: At least one USPS mail tray (2ft. of finished mail) per stacker.